Public Service Announcement:

Hey did you know you could follow this blog! Yep, look up to the left and click follow so that you can get the latest updates to this site on a regular...P.S. don't forget to comment!
xoxo


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Breakin' the Rulezzzz...






For the past few years I have contended with the fact that I am...plus sized...While I have made changes in the past to address this issue and "fix" it, the fact still remains that every time I shop in a store or online I hope and pray that the merchandiser picked out lovely, curve appealing clothing for a person with my figure. Up until recently I have lived with the notion that being a certain size means that I cannot break the SIX cardinal rules!

1. ALWAYS wear black, it's flattering and hides imperfections!
2. Stay clear of stripes...specifically HORIZONTAL ONES, they make you look larger!
3. NEVER wear white...it is the enemy..yo will look like a huge white cloud
4. SKINNY JEANS are for SKINNY people
5. Loose clothing is a NO- NO... makes you look fatter...
6. Spandex SHOULD be AVOIDED!
These five rules are not only annoying, they are also outdated. Since these rules were created over 100 years ago (lol),  clothing has evolved, especially plus size clothing. We have since moved far beyond all black uniforms, huge floral prints and the tasteless, disgusting, huge polka dots that were once considered fashionable for a plus size diva.             

I break ALL of the above rules. All women, even plus size women, are shaped differently thus we wear clothes differently, so for now I live by the motto that "There is nothing that a pair of SPANX, a good bra and nice shoes can't fix."                    

0 comments: