Public Service Announcement:

Hey did you know you could follow this blog! Yep, look up to the left and click follow so that you can get the latest updates to this site on a regular...P.S. don't forget to comment!
xoxo


Thursday, January 7, 2010

14....


You all should know by now that I totally stan for Old Navy (is that possible?). My favorite pair of Old Navy jeans are the Diva Style, skinny leg, short at a healthy size 16 and I wore them so often that I managed to walk a hole into each leg, near the back part of my inner thigh. I was convinced that if I wore a pair of tights under the jeans with a matching top, people would actually think that they were made that way, and most of all I could go on wearing them with confidence and a smile on my face. That bubble of delusion was burst by my mother (the voice of reason), she was sure to inform that not only could she tell they were not made that way, they were also pretty unflattering. I vowed then, that as soon as I was able to purchase a new pair, I would.


Per Christmas gifts I was able to purchase a new pair recently. I spent hours in Old Navy looking for the perfect pair that would fill me with joy and satisfaction as my "favorite" pair had. I watched as all the skinny chicks went directly to there size 1's and 2's and raced for the register. The thick chick in me began to recite over and over "You have to hurry up and lose more weight" and "You have to do better". Eventually I found two pairs and without hesitation, I went to the register and smiled all the way home.


After, putting on my jeans, a few hours into them I realized that I could go down a size, to a 14.


I decided that instead of making my next goal a specific amount of pounds I wanted to work toward getting into a size 14 comfortably and confidently.


So how, will I do it?...Any suggestions?




0 comments: